A Thank You
I want to thank CD Meyers for nominating me for the Versatile Blogger award. His website is:
It was very sweet and I’m glad you found my blog and enjoy it!
Fifteen other Blogs
Now, as part of this lovely award, I have the assignment to pass on to you fifteen other blogs that I personally visit and enjoy as I nominate them for this award as well. Nominating for this award is all that has to be done to win it – so not only are they nominated – they win! So, drumroll please, my personal pics for Versatile Blogger Award are:
thebarndoor.net/ “Seeing the world through Midwestern eyes.” (sometimes you’ll find a story from me here as well).
- http://notafraidtotellmystory.wordpress.com/ Athena Dean shares her journey out of a cult where she lost everything to fall into the freedom and grace of Jesus.
- http://goinswriter.com/about-me/ I like Jeff’s authenticity as he writes about writing and challenges to a living faith.
- http://wakeupmyfaith.wordpress.com/about/ Kevin Adams is living life on the edge of faith. Wanna be challenged to get out of the boat? Follow him.
- http://elisabethcorcoran.blogspot.com/ Elisabeth is spinning gold from the pain of a broken heart.
chipmacgregor.com/ He’s not my agent, but he writes great stuff about writing and life. He has shown a boldness to speak truth when attacked by a cult regarding a publishing takeover (see Athena Dean’s blog listed above).
leslievernick.com/ “Enriching relationships that matter most,” Leslie writes from the perspective of a biblical psychotherapist and she does it well.
- http://christianregency.com/blog/ This is a blog for those who love inspirational Regency fiction, one of the genres in which I write (and love to read). Many posts are on tidbits about the time period but recently they had a celebration where the various authors who participate wrote one story together. It was fun to read.
vondaskelton.com/ This lady is a hoot but don’t let her humor fool you – she is dedicated to empowering and encouraging others and she does it with the most beautiful smile.
- http://thewriteconversation.blogspot.com/ Edie Melson is a sweetheart who writes about writing and has become a social media guru. Lots of good info on her blog.
- http://southernwritersmagazine.blogspot.com/ You don’t have to be Southern to appreciate the wealth of wisdom compiled in these pages.
- http://michaelhyatt.com/ “Intentional Leadership” I’ve enjoyed this blog for a long time now – lots of wisdom for leaders as well as writers. I don’t know why I bought his book “Platform” when everything in the book is here on the blog if you only look for it. Oh, he knows the industry too having been CEO of Thomas Nelson Publishers for many years.
marydemuth.com/ “Live Uncaged” I love Mary’s heart and her willingness to be vulnerable and gut-wrenchingly honest about life, abuse, healing, faith and writing.
- http://livingourfaithoutloud.blogspot.com/ This is by a dear friend and writing mentor Lisa Lickel.
- http://lillygracebrown.wordpress.com/ She writes to those struggling in difficult marriages. If you know of anyone who is there – connect them with Lilly Grace.
As part of the award I’m to share seven things about myself. So here goes…
- My favorite color is red-raspberry, or magenta, or fushia or whatever you want to call a bright bold pinkish/purple.
- I used to do ComedySportz in Milwaukee. I took workshops there and worked for them as a second job for awhile. It was a great place to be wild and crazy but boy did we work hard. Fond memories of my time there. I speak fluent jibberish.
- I love people who are willing to admit to the truth of a chronic mental illness or any weakness and struggle they have. Maybe because that’s the population I worked with. Maybe because I have major depressive disorder. Maybe because we’re all just a little bit crazy.
- My moniker “silygoos” came when I was getting personalized plates for my van. It was one of three choices (actually number 2) but what I ended up with (SILY GOS). To save money in our budget I no longer have those plates on my car. I tried to argue it was biblical to have them but my husband didn’t buy it. “Vanity of vanity, all is vanity.” (Ecclesiastes). *sigh*
- I’m an early to bed girl. Sleep has always been something I value and make time for. So if you call me after 8:30, I may not respond. I get up early as well as it’s the only quiet time I can often get in my day. I have a friend who nicknamed me “Snoozin.”
- I’m the original runaway bride. Two cancelled weddings (one on the morning of) before the actual one really happened. Long story, maybe it’ll show up in one of my novels someday.
- After years of being told I was allergic to dogs – I finally own my own dog. Spatzle is a maltese mix and a sassafras (that’s what I call him along with “poochi-poo”). He’s my dog even though I share him with the rest of the family. He was a rescue and has been a huge blessing in my life. No is ever as happy to see me as he is so he’s good for my ego. Oh, and I’m not allergic to him at all.